Devastated cat owner in rat poison scare
A cat-owner in Devon fears that her pets may have been poisoned accidentally. In the past year, one of her four cats has died, one is missing and presumed dead, and a third is now seriously ill.
The devastated woman, who preferred not to be named, said that she fears that pets in the area could be in danger from rat poison and garden pesticides. She explained that she does not believe that it is malicious but believes that someone may be putting pesticides on their garden without realising the risk this poses to animals.
“I want to make people aware this is happening,“ she said.
Last year another one of her cats died and she thinks that rat poison could have been at fault.
“She really did suffer, “ said the traumatised owner.
Police have urged residents in the area to think carefully about what they put down at home and said that they do not believe the poisoning has been intentional.
Home-owners could consider ridding their properties of rats by using electromagnetic repellent devices rather than rat poison. Electromagnetic repellents are increasing in popularity in homes, plugging into the mains and creating a pulsating field that is unbearable for many types of vermin. They are a safe option for dogs and cats, who are unaffected by them.